Virtual Reality for GI Cancer Pain Reduction Study
Who are we and what is the study purpose?
We are a research group at Cedars-Sinai studying how pain affects quality of life. We will be working to determine if digital, virtual reality (VR) technologies can help improve daily function and reduce pain in people with GI cancers.
Who is eligible? You may be eligible if you:
- Are age 18+, are seeking assistance in pain management, and own a computer or smartphone with access to email.
- Have one of the following GI cancers or tumors: anal, appendix, ampullary, bile duct, biliary tract, colon (large intestine), gallbladder, gastric (stomach), liver, pancreas, peritoneum, rectum, small intestine (bowel) cancer biliary tract, carcinoid tumor, neuroendocrine tumor (either locally advanced or advanced) with no plan for resection during the study period.
How can I participate?
Complete the eligibility check by pressing the "Am I Eligible" button, and, if eligible, you will receive further instructions. For more information, please contact us via email at GICancerPainStudy@cshs.org or call us at (310) 248-6790; a study team member will follow up with more information.
What can I expect if I participate?
- The study does not require any additional medical visits.
- You will answer survey questions about your pain levels on a weekly basis over two months.
- Your participation may provide personal benefits, such as pain relief and improved physical activity.
- After completing a week of surveys, a VR headset and Fitbit Luxe will be sent to your to use.
- At the completion of your participation in the study, all devices must be returned (shipping will be provided at no cost).
- You will be eligible for up to $225 in Amazon gift card codes.
For more information, contact the Cedars-Sinai VR Study Team at:
Phone: (310) 248-6790 Email: GICancerPainStudy@cshs.org